Who is the Foundation programme for?
- Young Pasifika (ages 18 - 35 years) who are thinking about business as a future pathway, or looking to develop their entrepreneurship skills
- You do not need to have a business idea for the Foundation programme
When does the programme start?
- Intake 1 – 4 October 2021
- Intake 2 – 8 November 2021
- Intake 3 – 29 November 2021
What kind of things will I learn?
The programme material is a mixture of learning business related topics; and hearing from inspiration business owners and leaders - we learn the best through storytelling. Topics that will be covered are:
- Strategy - how do you capture the vision for a business?
- Accounting - how do I track my money?
- Legal - how do I set up my business and what are my legal responsibilities?
What is the time commitment?
- The programme will run for 8 weeks
- Up to half day classes will be delivered once a week
- You will be provided with resources and ‘homework’ to complete in your own time (roughly one day worth of work – which you are welcome to spread across the week)
We understand that everyone has other life, family, community commitments; however, all participants are asked to make their best effort and attend all classes (only 8 in total).
How will it be delivered?
Like everything else, COVID-19 has impacted how we deliver this programme.
- The October intakes will be delivered 100% online. This means you can join the programme from anywhere in the motu
- Future intakes will depend on alert levels and lockdown restrictions. However, any future in-person delivery will be conducted in Auckland – Central
Who will deliver the programme?
You will be supported by dedicated facilitators who will guide you through the programme (who you will see every lesson) and you will get to meet lots of cool, inspirational business owners and leaders.
What support and resources will be provided?
We are here to make this as easy as possible for you and to help remove barriers to learning and participating. Please talk to us about your personal situation and what support you might require to join the Foundation programme. All participants will have the opportunity to receive -
- An electronic device to join the classes online and undertake the ‘homework’ and learning in your own time
- Support for internet connectivity
- Support to cover public transport costs (for in-person classes)
- The opportunity to be partnered with a ‘mentor’ (in a group mentorship setting).
- Access to a shared co-working space in Auckland Central (dependent on COVID-19 lockdown levels and restrictions)